Cane Creek Regular Mount G4 eeBrake
|Availability:||In stock (1)|
EE G4 2018 Brakeset
The latest generation of the eeBrake from American Manufacturer Cane Creek continues its run as the absolute benchmark of road brake calipers. The EE G4 brake is one of the lightest road brakes, but through careful engineering it makes no compromise on all-out braking power and an impressive power curve for excellent modulation. Braking performance is quite impressive; on par if not exceeding the industry-leading offers from Shimano and Campagnolo. The aesthetics of the brake vary slightly from the last generation, but remain one of the most handsome options available. The flanges around each bushing have also been removed, creating a sleeker look while allowing for the use of thinner bushings. These new bushings increase stiffness in the caliper actuation, improving brake response and lever feedback. One of the EE Brakes' unchanged features is the unique design of the brake pad carrier. Changing the pad requires no special tools and only takes a few seconds. The pads are securely held in place using a notch and groove system, with no chance of moving under forward or backwards braking forces. However, the pad itself can be quickly removed by hand right from the holder. This feature is especially useful for those who switch between carbon and aluminum rims on a regular basis.
Changes from the previous G3 model include the following:
- Return/centering spring changed from silver to black and increased in gauge for greater stiffness.
- Width of the main pivots increased by 4mm, optimized for 22-28mm rim widths
- Tire clearance increased to fit up to 30/31mm widths
- Barrel adjuster changed from steel to titanium
- Logo badge changed from rubber coated clip to machined aluminum (Those looking to add a custom flair to their G4 brakes can still install the colored logo badges from the previous G3 brake)
|Linkage Material||7075-T6 Aluminum|
|Bolt Material||6/4 Titanium|
|Max Rim Width||28.5|
|Max Tire Size||30c|